SCTC Automotive Technology students use state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose, service, and repair vehicles following PA state inspection guidelines. Students learn all aspects of automotive repair including brakes, steering, suspension, electrical, HVAC, transmission, and engine performance with hands-on and classroom instruction. During their graduating year, students have the opportunity and means necessary to attain their PA State Inspection license upon completing the course, passing the written base line test, category tests, and tactile live inspection test. Many SCTC automotive students have jobs waiting for them upon graduation or go on to excel at post-secondary trade schools.
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY - PROGRAM INFORMATION
INSTRUCTOR: MR. ANGELO CODISPOTI
Areas of Study
- Automotive Tools & Fasteners
- Suspension and Steering
- Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Engine Performance
- Engine Maintenance & Repair
- Automatic Transmission and Transaxle
- Manual Drive Train and Axles
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Automotive Mechanic
- Automotive Systems Installer/Inspector
- Engine Service Technician
- Brake Inspection & Repair
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTLOOK
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.
See how PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the High School level may transfer into participating postsecondary institutions and technical centers.
SCTC Automotive Program - Articulation Agreement with Allegany College of Maryland
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) provides industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for students enrolled in career and technical education programs.
S/P2 Automotive Service includes the following courses:
- S/P2 Automotive Service Safety
- S/P2 Automotive Service Pollution Prevention
- S/P2 Supervisor’s Course
- NEW! S/P2 Electric Vehicle Safety
- Land That Job: Building a Resume
- Land That Job: Interview Skills for Automotive Students
- Ethics and YOU in the Automotive Industry
- Time for a Team Huddle! Running Successful Team Meetings
- Preparing a Vehicle for Service and Working With Customers
- WD-40: Cleaning, Storage, and Maintenance of Tools and Equipment
- Valvoline Motor Oil 101, Automotive Fluids 101 and Automotive Chemicals 101
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INDUSTRY PARTNERS
SCTC's Cooperative Education Program provides students with hands-on learning opportunities through on-site work for local companies.
What is The Co-op Program?
- Bridges the classroom-to-employment gap
- Provides real-world experience
- Builds your resume
- Refines program skills
- Presents networking opportunities
Thank you to all of our Automotive Technology industry partners!