Teacher Prep/Early Childhood
Teacher Prep/Early Childhood (TP/EC) students will learn the stages of child development, safety and first aid in caring for children, day care and preschool regulations, planning and presenting information to children, nutrition, guidance and discipline techniques, and personal care of children.
TEACHER PREP/EARLY CHILDHOOD - PROGRAM INFORMATION
INSTRUCTOR: MS. MICHELE FOCHTMAN
Areas of Study
- Health & Safety
- Learning Environment
- Child Development
- Classroom Management
- Standards & Assessment
- Curriculum Development
- Learning Activities
- Program Partnerships
- Clinical Experience
- Preschool Instructors
- Childcare Workers
- Teacher Assistants
- Social/Human Services Assistants
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTLOOK
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.
See how PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the High School level may transfer into participating postsecondary institutions and technical centers.
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) provides industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for students enrolled in career and technical education programs.
Teacher Prep/Early Childhood students can earn the following certifications:
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate (NOCTI)
- Pennsylvania Department of Education/Bureau of CTE – Child Development Associate – Ready Certificate (CDA-Ready)
- American Heart Association – Pediatric First Aid for Child Care Providers
- American Heart Association – Infant CPR/AED
- American Heart Association - Adult Child CPR/AED
- Professional Development – Health and Safety Basics: Requirements for Certification
- National Council for Professional Recognition – Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Mandatory Reporter Training/Certification
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INDUSTRY PARTNERS
SCTC's Cooperative Education Program provides students with hands-on learning opportunities through on-site work for local companies.
What is The Co-op Program?
- Bridges the classroom-to-employment gap
- Provides real-world experience
- Builds your resume
- Refines program skills
- Presents networking opportunities
Thank you to all of our Teacher Prep/Early Childhood industry partners!