Masonry students will learn brick and block laying techniques, various concrete applications including decorative concrete, how to work with various types of stone and ceramic tile, and how to construct a project from layout to completion, including cost and material estimates.
MASONRY - PROGRAM INFORMATION
INSTRUCTOR: MR. MARK LYONS
Areas of Study
- Hand Tools, Power Tools, Fasteners
- Design Building Site
- Bricklaying Techniques
- Block Laying Techniques
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Arch Construction
- Masonry Project Estimation
- Blueprint Reading
- Tile & Marble Cutters
- Masonry Helpers
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTLOOK
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.
See how PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the High School level may transfer into participating postsecondary institutions and technical centers.
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) provides industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for students enrolled in career and technical education programs.
Masonry students earn the following certifications:
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate (NOCTI)
- Pennsylvania Builders’ Association Skills Certificate
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration - OSHA 10 Hour Certification Construction
- JLG Mobile Elevating Work Platform Operator Card
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INDUSTRY PARTNERS
SCTC's Cooperative Education Program provides students with hands-on learning opportunities through on-site work for local companies.
What is The Co-op Program?
- Bridges the classroom-to-employment gap
- Provides real-world experience
- Builds your resume
- Refines program skills
- Presents networking opportunities
Thank you to all of our Masonry industry partners!