Students enrolled in the Construction Trades program will participate in and become familiar with a variety of trade areas, including Carpentry, Masonry, Electrical, Pre-Engineering Drafting & Design, and Plumbing. Students will operate a wide range of professional hand, power, and air tools and construct building projects from blueprints to completion.
CONSTRUCTION TRADES - PROGRAM INFORMATION
INSTRUCTORS: MR. TIMOTHY BITTNER, MR. MARK LYONS, MR. CODY KERR, MR. JOE SMIACH, MS. LINDA DANGEL
Areas of Study
- Hand & Power Tools
- Blueprint Reading
- Site Preparation & Layout
- Footings & Foundations
- Framing - Floor Construction
- Framing - Wall Construction
- Framing - Roof Construction
- Interior / Exterior Finishes
- Construction Project Estimation
- Concrete/Block & Brick Masonry
- Basic Plumbing
- Residential Electric Circuits & Components
- Construction Carpenters
- Construction Managers
- Helpers - Carpenters
- Maintenance / Repair Workers
- Helpers - Electricians
- Brick/Block/Stone Masons
- Tile & Marble Cutters
- Masonry Helpers
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTLOOK
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.
See how PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the High School level may transfer into participating postsecondary institutions and technical centers.
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) provides industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for students enrolled in career and technical education programs.
Construction Trades students can earn the following certifications:
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate (NOCTI)
- Pennsylvania Builders’ Association Skills Certificate
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration - OSHA 10 Hour Certification Construction
- JLG Mobile Elevating Work Platform Operator Card
- CertainTeed - Master Shingle Applicator
- ARC – Fault Low and High Voltage Certificate
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INDUSTRY PARTNERS
SCTC's Cooperative Education Program provides students with hands-on learning opportunities through on-site work for local companies.
What is The Co-op Program?
- Bridges the classroom-to-employment gap
- Provides real-world experience
- Builds your resume
- Refines program skills
- Presents networking opportunities
Thank you to all of our Construction Trades industry partners!