Electrical Occupations training involves three major electricity branches: residential, commercial, and industrial. Students learn theory and regulatory codes as well as practical applications.
ELECTRICAL OCCUPATIONS - PROGRAM INFORMATION
INSTRUCTOR: MR. CODY KERR
Areas of Study
- Hand/Power Tools
- Blueprint Reading
- Residential Cabling Technology
- Switches and Receptacles Circuits
- Wired Devices
- Testing Equipment
- Electrical Service
- National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Green Technology
- Electrical Power-Line Installers
- Helpers - Electricians
- Signal & Track Switch Repairers
- Supervisors - Electrical Construction
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTLOOK
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.
See how PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the High School level may transfer into participating postsecondary institutions and technical centers.
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) provides industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for students enrolled in career and technical education programs.
Electrical Occupations students earn the following certifications:
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate (NOCTI)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration - OSHA 10 Hour Certification Construction
- Pennsylvania Builders’ Association Skills Certificate
- ARC – Fault Low and High Voltage Certificate
- JLG Mobile Elevating Work Platform Operator Card
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INDUSTRY PARTNERS
SCTC's Cooperative Education Program provides students with hands-on learning opportunities through on-site work for local companies.
What is The Co-op Program?
- Bridges the classroom-to-employment gap
- Provides real-world experience
- Builds your resume
- Refines program skills
- Presents networking opportunities
Thank you to all of our Electrical Occupations industry partners!