Collision Repair & Refinishing
Collision Repair & Refinishing students repair damaged vehicles to like new condition. Utilizing the latest technology, students will learn parts repair/replacement including plastic parts, MIG welding, resistance spot welding, adhesive bonding, body and frame alignment, trim, accessories, interior components, painting/painting prep, damage repair cost estimating and detailing.
COLLISION REPAIR & REFINISHING - PROGRAM INFORMATION
INSTRUCTOR: MR. STEPHEN TOTH
Areas of Study
- Vehicle Design
- Panel Replacement
- Trim, Glass and Hardware
- Body Fillers
- Damage Analysis
- Corrosion/Rust Protection
- Welding & Cutting
- Surface Prep
- Automotive Finishes
- Refinishing Equipment & Operations
- Plastic Repair
- Restraint Systems
- Automotive Body Repair
- Automotive Body Restoration
- Automotive Painting
- Automotive Detailing
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTLOOK
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.
See how PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the High School level may transfer into participating postsecondary institutions and technical centers.
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) provides industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for students enrolled in career and technical education programs.
Collision Repair & Refinishing Certifications:
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate (NOCTI)
- I-CAR Pro-Level 1 Non-Structural Tech
- I-CAR Pro-level 1 Refinishing Tech
- SP2 Collision Service Safety
- SP2 Automotive Service Safety
- SP2 Collision Service Pollution Prevention
- SP2 Automotive Service Pollution Prevention
- PA Safety Inspector Cat 1
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INDUSTRY PARTNERS
SCTC's Cooperative Education Program provides students with hands-on learning opportunities through on-site work for local companies.
What is The Co-op Program?
- Bridges the classroom-to-employment gap
- Provides real-world experience
- Builds your resume
- Refines program skills
- Presents networking opportunities
Thank you to all of our Collision Repair & Refinishing industry partners!