Carpentry students will learn and understand hand tool, portable power tool, and stationary equipment operation and safety. Through hands-on learning, students will experience all phases of construction including blueprint reading, layout, framing, interior, and exterior finish. Students will have the opportunity to obtain Mobile Elevated Work Platform operators card and OSHA 10 card.
CARPENTRY - PROGRAM INFORMATION
INSTRUCTOR: MR. TIMOTHY BITTNER
Areas of Study
- Hand & Power Tools
- Blueprint Reading
- Site Preparation & Layout
- Footings & Foundations
- Framing - Floor Construction
- Framing - Wall Construction
- Framing - Roof Construction
- Interior / Exterior Finishes
- Construction Project Estimation
- Construction Carpenters
- Construction Managers
- Helpers - Carpenters
- Maintenance / Repair Workers
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, students, researchers, and more!
COLLEGE AND CAREER OUTLOOK
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.
See how PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education SOAR Programs of Study taken at the High School level may transfer into participating postsecondary institutions and technical centers.
National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) provides industry-based credentials and partner industry certifications for students enrolled in career and technical education programs.
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate (NOCTI)
- Pennsylvania Builders’ Association Skills Certificate
- CertainTeed - Master Shingle Applicator
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) – 10-Hour Certification
- JLG Mobile Elevating Work Platform Operator Card
COOPERATIVE EDUCATION INDUSTRY PARTNERS
SCTC's Cooperative Education Program provides students with hands-on learning opportunities through on-site work for local companies.
What is The Co-op Program?
- Bridges the classroom-to-employment gap
- Provides real-world experience
- Builds your resume
- Refines program skills
- Presents networking opportunities
Thank you to all of our Carpentry industry partners!